14 December 2009

Finny's Blog, Stardate 63454.1 (It's baaack!)

This is supposed to be a weekly thing.  My life doesn't change enough to warrant doing it every week.

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Clear blue sky with temps in the lower 30s - a heatwave compared to the negative temperatures of last week.

One of my simple pleasures:
Listening to music I recorded from Sirius XM.  I especially enjoy the alt-rock and alt-country stations.

On my bedside table:
Bible, Christmas in My Heart volumes 1-4, Jesus Wants All of Me (kids devotional based on My Utmost for His Highest), lip balm

On my TV:
Stargate SG1, season 9
Still working on Ken Burns' National Parks

On the menu for tonight:
Chicken-flavored Hamburger Hotdish - sounds weird, but it was really good.

On my To Do List:
Where to start?  Finish and mail "the Christmas project," then dust, declutter, and clean all before the in-laws come this weekend.  Then I need to find time to shop for my husband for Christmas.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Haha!  Last week was not a week for new recipes.  We tried The Soup Bowl, a new take-out soup place downtown.

In the craft basket:
I do not own one of these.  I am not a crafty-type person.  I do still intend to paint a rocket on my son's ceiling, though.

Looking forward to:
Shipping off "the Christmas project" in time.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Get a housekeeper.  I'm still working on this one.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Nate's Top Ten of the Last Ten Years:  Music Edition
I was especially happy to see Welcome to Diverse City make the cut.  It is my favorite Tobymac album.

Favorite photo from last week:
This gem was from April 2008, just before we tore up the grass and had sod installed.  I stumbled upon it again this week.

Lesson learned the past few days:
Pay attention to the background while taking pictures.

On my Prayer List:
Safe travels for my family

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men.  He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.  John 2:24-25

1 comment:

mom said...

just to let you know. I read your blog.