The holidays. Every year we alternate what holiday we spend with which family. This year, Christmas was with my family and we hosted.
Fourteen people (only two in diapers), four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Seven kids, ages 2 to 10. Quarters were close and the volume level exceedingly high at times. It was the first time in years that so much of the family was together. Only my brother-in-law and youngest sister were unable to attend.
What a fantastic Christmas! Talking, game playing, eating, laughing. I have the best family. I really do. And, for the record, they are also some of the best cooks. I have the waist-line to prove it.
Most people thought we were crazy to do it. I think we would have been crazy not to. Life is too short and family too important to pass up such a great opportunity.
The only thing better than a holiday with everybody at my house is a holiday with everybody at another family member's house. Thanksgiving next year. Who's going to volunteer?
On a completely unrelated note, last week I played Risk, as I always do, once every 7 to 10 years. Normally that wouldn't be newsworthy except for the fact that I won! For the first time ever, I WON a game of Risk, and won it handily, too. I'm a loser no more.
No comments:
Post a Comment