22 October 2009

Finny's Blog, Stardate 63272.1

A snapshot into my life right now.

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Gorgeous! It has been cool, cloudy some days, sunny others, and beautiful. This is my favorite time of year.

 One of my simple pleasures:
Checking on my son while he sleeps, and giving him a kiss on his forehead.

On my bedside table:
My XM radio, and Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself by Florence Littauer.  I love studying what makes people tick.

On my TV:
I am working my way through Ken Burns' The National Parks: America's Best Idea.

On the menu for tonight:
Chili Lime Chicken Tacos

On my To Do List:
call about swim lessons
paint a rocket on my son's ceiling
research German Christmas traditions

New Recipe I tried last week:
In cooking class, I learned how to make Mongolian Stir-fry, Wonton Soup, and fried Wontons, but have not made them myself, yet.

Looking forward to:
Doug and I are going to see Thoroughly Modern Millie with the Duncan's.

Lesson learned recently:
I'm finally starting to see that making a list, and posting it prominently, really does help me to get things done!

On my prayer list:
A friend who is struggling with a disease.

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.  Psalm 4:8

No comments: